To receive the Owner Occupied tax reduction you must:
(1) own the home,
(2) occupy the home as your principal place of residence and
(3) apply for the Homestead Reduction with the County Auditor between January 1 st and the first Monday in June.
The reduction applies to the homesite and the home itself. It does not apply to:
(1) rental homes or apartments,
(2) homes occupied by someone other than the owner,
(3) homes owned by corporations, partnerships, associations or groups,
(4) units within a building primarily for retail, commercial or other non-residential purposes,
(5) manufactured or mobile homes purchased prior to 2000,
(6) excess acreage over one acre.
Please check your tax bills to see if you are already receiving the reduction. Applications may be picked up from and filed with the County Auditor’s office between January 1 and the first Monday in June each year.